8th Grade Science Overview: Students will study interdisciplinary science concepts structured around the theme “scope and scale.” Over the course of the year, they will study physics (forces, motion, energy, and waves); chemistry (atoms, molecules, and chemical reactions); astronomy (stars, planets, and outer space); and engineering design. Throughout all units, students will practice scientific inquiry by planning and conducting experiments, as well as producing written lab reports.
8th Grade Course Outcomes:
At the end of this year, students will be able to:
• Develop and use scientific models
• Explain scientific concepts using supporting evidence and mathematics
• Plan and conduct a scientific experiment
• Analyze and interpret data
• Complete a formal lab report