Computer Distribution Tomorrow, Friday, April 17
See specific directions for pick-up below
Dear Sam Brannan Families:
Thank you again for your continued patience as we navigate through this unprecedented COVID-19 crisis. We realize that our students have had a major disruption in their educational process. We appreciate your support and patience while we work through these uncertain times together.
On Friday, April 17th, we will provide computers to students at Sam Brannan Middle School. We will only provide computers to Sam Brannan students and only one computer per family.
Information about computer pick-up
DATE: Friday, April 17
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
We will use a drive-through style check-out system. Please see the instructions for the pick-up below.
Sam Brannan Middle School (Main Parking Lot)
The Distribution of computers will occur in the main parking lot in a drive-through fashion. Your pick-up time is based on your student’s grade and Language Arts teacher.
Students who have Mr. Andrew, Mr. Arnett, Ms. Lazdowski or Ms. Valdez can arrive anytime between 9 AM and 12 PM.
We will deploy one sanitized computer to every family who does not have access to a device at home for remote online learning opportunities. If your student(s) already has access to a device at home, we ask that you not pick up a computer as our distance learning program will be supported on any computer operating system.
When picking up your student’s computer, please:
- Students: Bring your school ID or another form of ID if available.
- Parents/Guardians/Those Listed as Emergency Contacts: Bring an ID and have your student’s school ID or ID number available.
- Drivers: Remain in your vehicles and wait patiently to be served for safety and social distancing.
- Walkers: If you must walk, please keep and adhere to the 6-foot distance rule as you approach the check-out station.
- Those checking out the device must review our Annual Parent and Student Rights Notification and Standards of Behavior, and sign the Student Acceptable Use of Technology Agreement (Spanish Version).
We realize internet / Wi-Fi connectivity at home will be essential to the distance learning experience. More information for free and affordable internet service for our community can be found at: https://internetessentials.com/
Please visit our website if your student needs assistance re-setting their Infinite Campus / Clever password: https://www.scusd.edu/student-online-tools. You can also email our support desk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, we appreciate your patience and partnership as we navigate this unprecedented crisis.