Parent and Family Engagement Policy
This policy describes the means for carrying out designated Title
I, Part A parent and family engagement requirements pursuant to
ESSA Section 1116(c).
To involve parents in the Title I, Part A programs, the following practices have been established:
- Feedback concerning student safety, student achievement, and parent participation is solicited at all public meetings and is used for program planning purposes
- Families are invited to participate in school site activities
The school convenes an annual meeting to inform parents about Title I, Part A requirements and about the right of parents to be involved in the Title I, Part A program (ESSA Section 1116[c]).
- Orientation Meeting for incoming 7th Graders and parents
- Back to school night (General meeting with all Parents)
The school offers a flexible number of meetings for Title I, Part A parents, such as meetings in the morning or evening (ESSA Section 1116[c]).
- All meetings are open to the public and are scheduled on an alternating schedule. Afterschool or the late evening.
The school involves parents of Title I, Part A students in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning, review, and improvement of the school’s Title I, Part A programs and the Title I, Part A parent involvement policy (ESSA Section 1116[c]).
- School Site Council Meeting
- English Language Advisory committee
- Safety Committee
- Community Advisory Committee
- District English Language Advisory Committee
The school provides parents of Title I, Part A students with timely information about Title I, Part A programs (ESSA Section 1116[c)(4][A]).
- First Day Packets
- Web Site, Automated Calls, Emails, Texts and Blasts from our school website
The school provides parents of Title I, Part A students with an explanation of the curriculum used at the school, the assessments used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet (ESSA Section 1116[c][B]).
- Parent Teacher Conference Wednesday is held throughout the year.
If requested by parents of Title I, Part A students, the school provides opportunities for regular meetings that allow the parents to participate in decisions relating to the education of their children (ESSA Section 1116[c][C]).
- SSC Meeting (5 times a year)
- ELAC Meetings (4 times a year)
- Safe School Meetings (5 times a year)
This School-Level Parent and Family Engagement Policy has been developed jointly with, updated periodically, and agreed on with parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs, as evidenced by:
- SSC Meetings (reflected in Minutes)
- ELAC Meetings (Reflected in Minutes)
This policy was adopted by the (type name of the school) on (insert date) and will be in effect for the period of (enter time period the policy is in effect here).
The school will distribute the policy to all parents of students participating in the Title I, Part A program on, or before: 9-28-18