Sam Brannan School-Parent Compact
The school distributes to parents of Title I, Part A students, a school-parent compact (Compact). The Compact, which has been jointly developed with parents, outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. The Compact describes specific ways the school and families will partner to help children achieve the state’s high academic standards. The Compact addresses the following legally required items, as well as other items suggested by parents of Title I, Part A students:
• The school’s responsibility to provide high-quality curriculum
and instruction (ESSA Section 1116[d]).
• The ways parents will be responsible for supporting their children’s learning (ESSA Section 1116[d]).
• The importance of ongoing communication between parents and teachers through, at a minimum, annual parent-teacher conferences; frequent reports on student progress; access to staff; opportunities for parents to volunteer and participate in their child’s class; and opportunities to observe classroom activities (ESSA Section 1116[d]).
• School, Teachers will provide instructional materials and instruction in a safe learning environment.
The school engages Title I, Part A parents in meaningful
interactions with the school. The Compact supports a partnership
among staff, parents, and the community to improve student
academic achievement. To help reach these goals, the school has
established the following practices:
The school provides Title I, Part A parents with assistance in understanding the state’s academic content standards, assessments, and how to monitor and improve the achievement of their children (ESSA Section 1116[e]).
• Progress Report Notices-Every nine weeks.
• Wednesday PTC Day – Available from the 1st quarter to May.
• Classroom Syllabus
• Updated Grades-Infinite Campus student DATA base
The school provides Title I, Part A parents with materials and
training to help them work with their children to improve their
children’s achievement (ESSA Section 1116[e]).
• Standards and expectations are shared with families and documented in the student planner.
• Students are provided with books for school and home.
With the assistance of Title I, Part A parents, the school educates staff members in the value of parent contributions, and in how to work with parents as equal partners (ESSA Section 1116[e]).
• Staff Meetings
• LEAD Process Meetings
• Attendance Review
The school coordinates and integrates the Title I, Part A parental involvement program with other programs, and conducts other activities, such as parent resource centers, to encourage and support parents in more fully participating in the education of their children (ESSA Section 1116[e]).
• 2 school academic counselors coordinate resource services.
The school distributes Information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities to Title I, Part A parents in a format and language that the parents understand (ESSA Section 1116[e]).
• Web Page
• Web Blast
• Automated Calls, Texts, and Emails
• Backpack Flyer
The school provides support for parental involvement activities requested by Title I, Part A parents (ESSA Section 1116[e]).
• Translation is arranged as needed
The school provides opportunities for the participation of all Title I, Part A parents, including parents with limited English proficiency, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory students. Information and school reports are provided in a format and language that parents understand (ESSA Section 1116[f]).
• Documents and calls are translated for any population that meets the 15% threshold.
This Compact was adopted by the Sam Brannan Middle School on
9-27-18 and will be in effect for the period of 9-27-18 to
6-15-18 The school will distribute the Compact to all parents of
students participating in the Title I, Part A program on, or